BillboardTweets in The Tampa Tribune

,
Tampa Tribune columnist Richard Mullins called me this week to discuss BillboardTweets, our Twitter account that is being published live to our digital billboards. Mullins writes:

"Would you like to see your Tweet up in lights, perhaps on 12 Jumbotrons
around Tampa Bay roads? Ryan Frazier gets to do that. Clear Channel Outdoor is experimenting with putting Twitter messages on its 12 Tampa Bay digital billboards, mixing in the 140-character-or-less messages among ads for restaurants, car dealers and lawyers."


The article goes on to explain that every time I update the Twitter account with a new headline, or "tweet," the digital billboards update as well, giving me the ability to reach the entire bay area instantly. I can even update the message from my mobile phone. The idea was meant to encourage advertisers to take advantage of this incredible technology, and now that this article has come out, I can't wait to see who starts "tweeting to billboards" first!

To read the entire article click here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment